background

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Forever is an awfully long time...

Let's face it, when it comes to family, we all feel like this from time to time...



Sometimes I want to "make my family disappear"...but most of the time, I wouldn't trade them for the world.  My family is my greatest joy.  I love being able to be with others that will love me no matter what or who I am.  According to the LDS handbook 2: Families in the Church it reads, "Heavenly Father established families to bring us happiness, to help us learn correct principles in a loving atmosphere, and to prepare us for eternal life."  I know that many out there, maybe even you, do not have this in your home, but this is something to strive for in the future.  I didn't have the perfect family growing up, and my home was not the most ideal place to come home to, but as I moved out and started a family of my own, I tried to make this a priority for my spouse and children.  The world needs more righteous families.  They need examples of couples who have respect and love towards one another, who strive to have a home that the spirit can dwell in.  There are many types of families out there, and sometimes we don't have control over our family situations, but just remember you are never alone.  Heavenly Father loves you and is aware of you.  We all have a heavenly family.
I started this blog for a college class that I am taking at BYU-Idaho, but I hope that this blog will become more than just an assignment.  I hope that, even though I am not the best writer, I might be able to help bring someone to a greater understanding of what this life is all about: family.



1 comment:

  1. Hey! My name is Emily and I am the TA for your class. Beautiful blog post! I am also so grateful for eternal families and this course will open your eyes even further of the divinity of the family.

    ReplyDelete